Monday, April 26, 2010

Vintage Shoes and Accessories!!






What good is an outfit without great shoes and accessories? I've been collecting vintage shoes, handbags, hats, eye glass frames and more since I was in high school in the late 80's. I love finding designer vintage pieces like Gucci, Pierre Cardin, YSL, Ted Lapidus and Chanel. I have a sweet collection of Pierre Cardin that I could never part with! A pair of Pierre Cardin sandals in particular that I own are very rare! I get stopped on the streets when I wear my Ted Lapidus frames. Today they are worth about $260 per frame. I own at least 10 pair that I bought for no more than $15 each!! The thing I love most about vintage pieces is more than likely you will be the only person with that item. Nowadays with fashion so accessible and trends found at Target, you are bound to see everyone wearing the same thing! Buying vintage items gives you that exclusivity and you are also recycling which is good for our planet! I've scoured several flea markets, thrift store, antique shops and my family's closets looking for unique vintage pieces that stand out and have great design. It's fun to collect and trade! Here are some photos of a few pieces from my collection. Enjoy!!

Endless Love,
Ronnie.B

1 comment: